Sparkly pink and brown

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So I have been creating but haven't been posting much art this week. I've got a big event for work on Friday that I'm in charge of that is taking quite a bit of time. We're having a picnic/silent auction fundraiser for United Way. I'm really actually excited for the night but will kind of be glad when it's over. There's definitely a lot to plan.

Anyway, my card is one of a few cards that I've made up multiples up of to put in my crafty gift basket for the silent auction. I'm hoping that somebody will want some handmade, albeit simple, cards.

Isn't this paper so divine? I love all the sparkle on it. Such great texture and the colors are some of my faves. I'm sad that I only had 1 sheet of it and it's mostly gone now. :( And what a great punch that Martha has. I totally love the button look. I can have buttons in any color I want.

***Supplies***
Patterned Paper: unknown
Stamps: CTMH Thanks
Other: Nesties, cuttlebug, Martha Steward button punch, CTMH white waxy flax

I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes about our van. It's the craziest thing but when we looked at it after church on Sunday, it started right up. Devin looked at me like I was crazy. I assured him that it was acting up and that the second it started, it stalled. So far, no other problems. So, I'm not sure what the problem was but at the moment, it only cost me a missed hour at church.

I hope that each of you are doing well and enjoying your week. Thanks for the visit.

13 comments :

whoistracy said...

I love all of the sparkle on this- so very pretty!

Sarah said...

I need that punch!..I have button stamps and spellbinder button thingies...BUT how easy to just punch them!
I am becoming a punch addict.
I LOVE the card and all the sparkle! Good luck at the auction!

Leslie said...

beautiful card. love the sparkly paper.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Beautiful... I didn't know Martha had a button punch... I need to check into that! :) I hope all goes well on Friday!

Kathi Carlson said...

Very pretty card, Alanna! How cool to be making cards "for a cause." I love my button punch, too, but haven't used it nearly enough. I hope your great card serves as a reminder to use it again. Have a great Thursday!

Jeanne said...

Lovely card full of great sparkle! Good luck with your auction. I'm sure you've been consumed with all the details organizing an event entails.

I bought that punch, but haven't used it yet. I really need to!

Have a great day!

Penny said...

I didn't get your email, but that comment was good enough. If you could send me your email address and then I'll just add you to the dt blog

Laurel said...

Ooohh, pretty!

Wendy K. said...

You are right, that is awesome paper! Cute card!

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! Have fun at your event and glad everythings good with the car.

Cheryl said...

So pretty Alanna! Love the colors, the dot-embossing and the stamp!

Get Sketchy said...

Just a drive by hello to let you know I'm following you!

Maricar said...

Alanna,
I am a simple spirit and think your pink card would be a great "auction basket" item.

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs