You are Loved for Clearly Whimsy Stamps

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Happy Wednesday friends. I have a card to share with you today for Whimsy Stamps using some of the new products released last week.  

I wanted to use the fun new Valentine Assortment Sequin mix so I thought a shaker card was in order. I did want to point out that the price point on this fun new product is only $2.50 - what a steal!  

I first started by taking the largest two dies from the Hand stitched Nested Rectangle Dies and ran them through my Big Shot together to create my frame for the shaker card. I love the fun stitching detail that these dies provide. I did decide to use a light grey card stock for both the frame and the card panel for something different.

I set that aside and stamped on the front of my card base using the fabulous You Are stamp set. Don't you just love the font of the loved portion of the sentiment?  I stamped three red hearts around the sentiment from the same You Are set.

I then adhered acetate to the back of my frame and then filled the card with lots of the Valentine Sequin Assortment mix. I did want to mention that before I added the frame to my card panel, I took my anti-static powder tool and ran it around all of the sides of the foam tape so that the sequins wouldn't get stuck to the sides of the card.

Thanks so much for visiting. Crafty hugs!










3 comments :

Jeanne said...

'Love'ly shaker card, Alanna! That is a fun mix of sequins. Perfect for Valentine's Day or any day you want to let someone know how much you care for them. :) I agree that the font in the loved stamp set is terrific. It looks like that modern calligraphy that is so popular. I like the stitching around the frame, too. Great job! Hugs! :)

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE your card...just so sweet. Your choice of sequins are just beautiful.

cm said...

Someone will be wearing a mega-watt smile when this sweet expression of love appears in their mailbox! From the selection of sequins, to the stitched edges, to the wonderful sentiment, this is sheer delight! Love it? Absolutely!
Hugs~carol

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs