My take on Taylor's weekly cupcake sketch

Monday, March 16, 2009




So here's the thing about my card for today. I totally love it except for how I colored the Bella image. It's another one that a very nice individual sent to me. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just put them away until I have the funds to purchase some copics. I never was a good colorer and it definitely shows here. However, I am trying to look past that as I hope the recipient will, as well.

Card size is 6x6. I had a lot of fun with this sketch. All products, except bella, are CTMH. The dp is the Boom-di-ada creative basics collection. I decided to finish off the card with two of my square hollyhock brads. I debated on whether to add a sentiment or not. I think I will just leave it bare for now.

I hope the start to everyone's week is fantastic. See you later in the week.

1 comment :

Maria Matter said...

Alanna, this is fabulous!
What a cute Bella image! I think your coloring looks fine...don't be so hard on yourself! Just have fun with it all...your card will definitely bless someone! I'm always trying new mediums and techniques for coloring...I'm such a rookie! When I see some of the coloring out there in blogland, I'm amazed, so I ask questions and keep practicing! Your cards are lovely and your spirit even lovelier! Take care hun!
Blessings, Maria

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs