A floral embossed birthday

Friday, January 9, 2009



During halftime of the BCS championship game last night, I was able to get down to my craft area and make this card along with a Christmas one that I'll be showing on Sunday. I wanted to use this floral embossing cuttlebug folder but didn't want to really take away from it so this is what I came up with. I sanded the cardstock some to get the white core to show through. Some matching ribbon and the happy birthday sentiment stamped in SU's word window punch finished off the card. Again, another real simple card. I'm okay with simple.

I'm so glad today is Friday. I've been out of the office each day this week and will continue to do so for two or three more weeks. I'm looking forward to the weekend. We're going to see some friends in Loveland tomorrow. We have a standing dinner date every other month where we switch houses. I'll also be hitting the books again tomorrow. I suppose a week off from studying is all I can give myself. I'm also hoping to make it to my craft area again before the new work week starts. I hope your Friday is a great one and that you'll come back and visit later this weekend.

2 comments :

mom2beachbums said...

What a gorgeous card. You are very talented! And I hope you are able to somewhat enjoy the break from work even tho you have much to study for. I remember when my brother Brian went thru it. But we need you and are counting on you --you were always so good in the financial area (remember Taco Bell LOL). This country needs qualified and good cpas and such. Brian loves what he does but he works for Freddie Mac so things have been rather harried there the past year! GOOD LUCK with the exam.

Unknown said...

I love how simple it is. Very cute I must say!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs