Shine Bright for Whimsy Stamps - A birthday Shaker Card

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Hi friends. I have a fun birthday shaker card to share with you today for Whimsy Stamps. I am using the super fun Shine Bright stamp set that was released just last week. I'm also using the Shaker Builder Sweetest Birthday die.

I started out by die cutting the Shaker Builder Sweetest Birthday die and I first focused on the interior piece. I added some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse with a round foam applicator tool all over the card stock in just a thin layer. It's hard to see here but in person, you can see the metallic shine. I then took some white pigment ink and stamped a couple of the star clusters found in the Shine Bright stamp set.  I then adhered this to my card base, making sure it was in the center. 

It was then time to work on my frame and build it up. I die cut the Shaker Builder Sweetest Birthday die a few more times, probably about 5 in total from white card stock. I also die cut it once from some white fun foam. I adhered all the layers together.

I then took some acetate and using some white Staz-on ink, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Shine Bright stamp set directly onto the acetate. I just love the look of it stamped on the acetate and how you can see the sentiment even when the sequins are being shook around inside.

I added my acetate to my frame with some more adhesive and then added one more layer of the white die cut frame to cover the adhesive that was showing from my acetate.

I added lots of sequins and seed beads from Pretty Pink Posh onto the inside panel and then added the frame on top. 

Thanks for stopping by today!








4 comments :

Linda Levoir said...

Such a beautiful shaker card and love that gorgeous background. I think this set is just so perfect for shaker cards, and so much else as it's really versatile and I love what you did with it here :) xx

Jeanne said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Alanna! That background looks amazing, I adore the sentiment and all the shaker bits inside are perfect for this card. Wow, wow, wow! You've outdone yourself here, my friend! :) Hugs!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, what a delightful shaker card!! I love it!

cm said...

Yes, the verdict is in and the vote is unanimous: this is the most stunning shaker I've ever seen, and trust me, I've seen plenty! Classy, jazzy and full of pizzazz! Perfect background for the perfect stamp and perfect shaker elements. WOW x a zillion!
Hugs~carol

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs