Clearly Whimsy Stamps January Release Day #2

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Welcome back to Day #2 of the January release for Whimsy Stamps. Today, I am using the brand new Butterflies Stencil and Flight of the Butterflies.

Whimsy Stamps is also partnering with Totally Tiffany this week to showcase and review some of their organizational products. I'll be back later today with my review so make sure to check back.  

For my first card, I started by die cutting my white card panel using the Card Builder - Hearts of Love dies. The largest die in this set cuts an A2 card panel. However, I wanted just a hint of a black border so I cut down the die cut piece just a sliver on all 4 sides.  

I then mixed some pink ink with embossing paste. I then spread it over the Butterflies Stencil. While it was still a bit wet, I sprinkled some fine glitter over top of it. You really can't see it in the photo but in real life, it adds such a beautiful touch. I stamped the sentiment from Flight of the Butterflies and then added some sequins.


For my second card, I started by die cutting a white panel using the Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle dies. I then took one of the butterfly images from the Flight of the Butterflies stamp set and stamped it in rainbow order. To do this, I first took a circle die and lightly traced around it with a pencil to help me better align my stamping.  When all the butterflies were stamped, I stamped a sentiment from the same set, added some sequins and this card is finished.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Crafty hugs!










5 comments :

Jeanne said...

Fantastic cards, Alanna! You know, you had me at butterflies. :) I adore the texture on the first one. The tiny bit of black sure helps it pop, too. I'm sure it is so very pretty in real life. The rainbow effect and the circle of butterflies is very cool. I like the addition of the sequins and the lovely sentiment. Terrific work on these cards!! Hugs! :)

Mary Holshouser said...

the pink butterflies are so delicate.
The second card is bright and bold.
Both are wonderful.
thanks for sharing.

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply beautiful cards...love those gorgeous butterflies.

Diane said...

Two really elegant card designs Alanna.

Hugs Diane

cm said...

I'm completely smitten with butterfly images, so your two lovely cards here have captured my heart! The stencil is pretty, however, your creativity has elevated it to outstanding! The delicate pink butterflies are swoon-inducing! Your rainbow butterflies: WOW! Do you mind if I case this (I'll give you credit!) for a DT card? I've been indecisive with what to do and your dazzling delight here, as solved my issues! Please and thank you!
Hugs~carol

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs