Pages

▼

Friday, December 19, 2014

Friendship Hop for Simonne

Today, several of the designers for Whimsy Stamps are gathering for a special friendship hop to honor Simonne. She is a fabulous illustrator and is super sweet.  

You should have arrived from the Whimsy blog. Click here if you'd like to start there.  A couple of people are offering prizes along the way for some extra fun.


I thought it only fitting to use some of the fabulous stamps and dies that Simonne has created for the Clearly Whimsy Stamps line. I used the Scandi Christmas stamp set for my background and the hello word die. I started by inking my background with my distress inks. I then stamped the background three times. I then used the inlaid die cutting technique for the hello die.


Your next stop on the hop is the talented Debbie Eastman.

Here's a list of those participating in the hop. 

Alanna Moses (that's me!)

LET'S GO SHOPPING


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Alanna. Awesome celebration for Simonne. Happy Holidays. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful...it looks like if it is knitwear!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great stamping. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Scandi die. Looks so much like a bukly, warm sweater.
    thanks for sharing a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Scandi look - such a fab colourful card hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Scandi look of the card, and love the theme of the blog hop
    hugs and kindest holiday regards
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS design Alanna! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Alanna, I love the distressed background. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card...great colors and like the pattern!!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool card! I love the stamp you used and the variegated color. The inlaid die cut looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Colors!!.. Great Samp.. Looks just like a knitting pattern I use!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea and a beautiful card. You do an amazing job on blending your inks. Love that Scandi border stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. The colors you have used make the card POP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yet another gorgeous card from you, Alanna! I love the pop of black against the other colours. Thank you so much for this wonderful hop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the inking you did on this, and the inlaid die cut is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love this set and it's absolutely stunning the way you've used it here!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  18. That background is gorgeous and I love the inlaid sentiment, really striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look of the distressed inks.

    ReplyDelete