A Rainbow Thanks for Whimsy Stamps

Friday, October 3, 2014

Happy Friday friends! I'm happy to have Ka from Ka's Creations as my newest follower. She makes super cute cards and scrapbook pages.

My card today features a couple of the new stamp sets that were released last month from Whimsy Stamps. I started by using one of the images from the fabulous Basic Backgrounds & Borders set and stamped that several times in various ink colors from Hero Arts. Don't look too closely at my stamping on the right side of the card in the blue ink. That's the last stamping I did with the stripes and I didn't get a great impression like I did with the other colors and I didn't want to start over. :)

I then stamped the thanks sentiment from the Thanks a Million stamp set. Some sequins in varying sizes and a rounded corner finish off the card.

My card is also for this week's challenge at Sister Act Card Challenge which is always an anything goes.
LET'S GO SHOPPING


11 comments :

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh, those stripes are awesome! I totally get about not wanting to start over on the stamping. The background looks great. I really like the sentiment image and the sequins add a lovely sparkle to your colorful card. The single rounded corner adds neat visual interest, too. Well done! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Alanna. I am glad to be following you. Wouldn't want to miss any of your beautiful creations. The background on your card reminds me of my striped washi tapes collection. I have one in almost every color. The sparkles on the sequins was a lovely touch.

Patti said...

Alanna your stripes are so perfectly lined up!! I love this clean design and your rainbow of colors!!

Patti

Kara said...

great stamping! can't go wrong with rainbow!!

Deepti said...

This is such a cool design :) love those colorful stripes !

Joni Andaya said...

So Pretty with the rainbow colors Alanna :)

Tracey McNeely said...

The stripes are fantastic Alanna! Love your design!

Kim Heggins said...

Alanna...I love, love your card and those stripes are awesome! They look just amazing with that sweet little thanks.

Kay Miller said...

Oh what a fun card! I love all the colorful stripes! Suer cute!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic CAS design! I love your sequin placement!

Monika Reeck said...

Alanna this is FUNTASTIC, I love the sequin and the strip of colors I will try to CASE ing your card this is so funtastic and great idea with only use the strip stamp clever Design Alanna, I just join Sister Act challenge again hope you like to visiting me my card is #255 see you soon sweety..hugs, Monika

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs