Happy birthday

Monday, October 12, 2009

I went to make a Christmas card the other day and was looking through my Christmas paper and came across this piece in the BG Wassail line. I studied it and thought about it and in the end, decided that I wasn't brilliant enough to make a Christmas card with this paper. I do think it's gorgeous, though, and a super simple card was born.


***Supplies***
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Wassail

Stamps: CTMH Happy Birthday
Other: CTMH waxy flax, Nesties, PTI buttons

Thanks for your visit. I hope you are all happy and well. And if you are lucky to have this Columbus Day off, do something fun for me.

11 comments :

Carolyn said...

Very pretty! I think it's just right for a BD card! Have a great day at work. Try not to think 1/2 the world is off today. :)

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty Alanna...love the simplicity of it...it's very classy and elegant!

Kathi Carlson said...

Your birthday card is the perfect answer for that floral paper. Very nice! Now, I know what to do with mine!!

I remember the day when a LOT of businesses, including the bank I worked for, closed on all federal holidays. Those were the "good old days." LOL. Regardless, have a great day/week, Alanna!

Jeanne said...

Kids have school today, Steve has to work, so it's just another Monday around here. LOL

Lovely card, Alanna. Terrific use of that pretty paper!

Penny said...

That is really pretty paper! It's great as a birthday card!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Thats pretty Alanna!!

Sparkplug17 said...

I love that paper! Very pretty.

Dawnll said...

Oh beautiful paper, Alanna this is a a great simple card with lots of pop.

Shannon said...

I love the new picture of you and Devin! How homecoming!!!

Sarah said...

Way to showcase some beautiful papers Alanna. Very pretty card.

Unknown said...

Very pretty and classy card! perfect for a birthday card!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs