A beyond simple birthday card

Thursday, May 7, 2009



So, I'm a little embarrassed to show you all this card. I sat down with Amy's sketch and this is all that I came up with. I don't like the white circles. I should have matted them or something or added another strip of paper or something else.

To me, the simple card I posted yesterday really spoke to me and even though it was simple, I still really liked it. This card does absolutely nothing for me. I couldn't find any place to add an embellishment. I guess I'll just leave it as it is because I can always use a simple birthday card for one of the kids to give at a birthday party. I have a hard time putting a lot of work into something that I'm pretty sure will end its way into the trash.

Paper: CTMH Magic Moments
Stamps: CTMH Happy Birthday, Sketchin's
Other: Nesties


2 comments :

Jeanne said...

We all have those cards...where we don't love them as much as we'd like. Your idea is perfect, though...to give it to someone whom you know will not keep it anyway. So it was still worth the effort to make it, right? You've got that extra card out of the way and on to the next beauty! *Ü*

Sarah said...

I SO feel your pain! I posted one a few days ago that was a total loss of mojo! I don't think it is as bad as you think it is though! I rather like it!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs