A color challenge to get me back in the swing of things

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


I had just a quick moment at lunch yesterday to whip this card up for Marjorie's color challenge. This week, she chose topiary, sunflower, black, and pansy purple. In hindsight, I wished I would have used the cuttlebug on the black piece of the card to give it more depth. I was working quickly and wanted to produce something, since it has been awhile. I used a pattern from CTMH's Originals book which helped speed the process along. I also feel like I should have maybe scissor distressed the edges of all the cardstock. Oh well. I'm sure the recipient probably won't be worried too much about the details I thought were missing.

It's been a crazy week. I was almost on my death bed Monday night and went to bed at 6:30. And then last night I met a friend from work and we studied together. She is studying for the financial portion of the CPA exam while I am doing some last minute cramming for my audit portion that I will take next.

3 comments :

Marjorie said...

Oh dear! I hope you are feeling better! Your card came out really cute though! I love that spider ^_~ It's hard for me when I see all the little things I think I could have done to make the card even better too, but no one else seems to care except me, lol. Sending you get well wishes dear and thanks for playing!!

Heather C said...

Sorry I got you sick! I still feel like death. I am going to try to go to the doctor today. (There isn't an urgent care in town so I have to call around to find an opening.) Keep studying! Love ya!

Unknown said...

So I haven't seen one of these in my mail box yet! :) Hope my Chee Chee is feeling better soon! Love you guys!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs