A week late on the color challenge

Thursday, October 30, 2008


I ended up working at home today because Christopher was up all night throwing up. Nothing worse than doing laundry and cleaning carpets when there is no time to make it to the toilet. He seems to be doing better now but still hasn't hardly eaten anything. He's been a trooper and is very concerned that he won't feel better for Halloween tomorrow. I sure hope that the bug that bit him is behind us now. No way could a 5 year old be sick on Halloween.

My card was done for Marjorie's color challenge last week. She chose sweet leaf, creme brulee, goldrush, and smokey plum. Again, I had to omit the creme brulee because I haven't placed a CTMH order in a couple of months. One of these days, I hope to get the new colors. Nothing too fancy going on with the card. I did the sketch myself, which caused some agony, trying to figure out how the papers should go. Although by the looks of the card, I can see some head scratching on how I could have a hard time placing the 2 pieces of paper. I can attest (ooh, I just used an audit term) that I did struggle with it. I used CTMH's consultant special stamp set that has so many cute little stamps. I love the little froggy and the hoppy birthday sentiment. I'll probably use this for the next birthday party Christopher is invited to.

Well, I need to get back to my studying. Oh how I look forward to the day when I won't have to study. It won't happen for probably another two years at the rate I'm passing my exams but who knows.

Thanks for stopping by and take care.

1 comment :

Marjorie said...

Super fun card!! I'm sorry to hear your little boy is sick!! How awful for him (and you too!)Hopefully he'll be over it today! If not you can always do a late Halloween :D We did that in 2006 when all us girls had the stomach flu. That was an adventure, lol. Thanks for playing hun and have a Happy Halloween!!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs