Creating your own Bokeh Background

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

 Hi friends! I was up on the Whimsy Stamps blog a week ago or so with a tutorial and thought I would share it here also. I decided to create my own bokeh background.

I started by taking several colors of blue inks along with different inking tools as shown below. 

I started by adding in colors using the smaller tools first.


I then added in more colors and used the larger inking tools.


You can see that my ink impressions from the tools aren't perfect and I was okay with that as in the end when everything is finished, I think it looks all pulled together.


Once my background was finished, I got to work on my focal image. I stamped the image and the sentiment which are both from the Favorite Flake stamp set onto a circle die cut with one of the dies from the Pierced & Stitched Circles die collection. The Favorite Flake set is currently out of stock but is expected back in about a week or so. 

I colored it in simply with my Copic markers. I decided the space below the sentiment needed a bit of something so I took one of the snowflakes from the set and stamped it with one of the blue inks that I had used on my background.

I trimmed down my handmade panel and added it onto a piece of black card stock. I added everything to a top folding white card base leaving a small white border on each of the sides. I decided at this point that I wanted to bring in some more snowflakes and thought that they would look good stamped in black. So I took more of the snowflakes from the Favorite Flake set and stamped them so they would form a visual triangle around my focal image. 

I die cut one more circle die cut and added it behind my stamped and colored die cut just to give it a bit of dimension and then finished off the card by adding in some clear Stickles onto the brim of the girl's hat.


Here is a final look at the card. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Crafty hugs! ~ Alanna




1 comment :

Jeanne said...

Happy Winter, Alanna! This is a lovely card with a pretty bokeh background. Thanks for sharing how you achieved the look. Your focal image is pretty cute. Merry Christmas. Hope you have a beautiful holiday. Hugs!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs