A.R.T. Challenge #14 -- Baby Girl

Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's time for a new challenge at A.R.T. This week, we want to see your cards with a baby girl theme.  Right away, I knew I wanted my card to have a bit of a shabby feel to it -- however, distressing the paper edges is about as shabby I can get I'm afraid.

I didn't intend to have the piercing around my pink card stock. I started sewing but then my thread ripped through several of the stitches so I pulled it all out.  And now I have pierced card stock. :)
***Supplies***

I'm linking my card to the following challenges.
**Papertake Weekly -- child's play
**Through the Craftroom Door -- anything goes
**Crafting when we Can -- repeated images -- I stamped up the background repeatedly
**Creative Craft Challenges2 -- inspiration photo (below)

Click below to see what the other designers came up with.  And then have a lovely day!

9 comments :

Jeanne said...

Way to take advantage of an opportunity to embellish, Alanna! Your shabby card looks tres chic! Great job.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this baby card and those enamel dots-fabulous!

Cheryl said...

It turned out very pretty Alanna...LOVE the distressing, and that's what I love about paper-crafting, we can always "fix" a problem using another technique...this is great!

Leigh Penner said...

This is lovely, Alanna! And great idea to just take out the thread-- it looks really cool like this!

Joyce said...

Love this sweet and shabby card.

Kay Miller said...

Oh this is very sweet! I love the bit of shabby around the edges and the piercing looks wonderful too! Beautiful colors too!

Poppet said...

Great card Alanna, the shabby chic looks wonderful and I really like the pierced edge.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Gale said...

This is such a pretty baby card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gale DT

Unknown said...

such a pretty CAS design. i love pink and kraft.

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs