Another disappointment and heartbreak

Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's with a sad heart that I write this blog post. I checked my score today for the last part of the exam I took and I didn't pass. A 75 is needed and for the 2nd time on this test, I got a 73. I've taken this part a total of 4 times now and even come closer than the 73, which would be when the graders gave me a 74. How do they sleep at night, I wonder?

I found out at work so of course many of my colleagues saw me with tears streaming down my face. Many of them know the pain of struggling with this exam. They are all very supportive. Devin's been great. Reynna gave me a hug when I got home and said she was sorry. It's just so hard failing again and again. The time I spend studying and the money paid for the privilege of taking the exam are so much.

I sometimes wish that I had never decided that becoming a CPA was something that I wanted. I will persevere, however. I've invested too much and I won't let this defeat me. The people at NASBA are trying to defeat me but I'll pick myself up and keep on going. I suppose it's the only thing that I can do.

On a different note, Devin and the kids got home earlier this week. It was great to have some quiet time but I'm glad they're back.

Thanks for your visit and comments. I hope you have a great Thursday night.

10 comments :

Kathi Carlson said...

Alanna, I am so sorry, and I understand what you are going through. I know several CPAs who struggled and at least a couple of people who gave up. Your determination is admirable and a great example for your kids. I'm glad you have a supportive family and co-workers. From me - a heartfelt cyber hug! Take care, friend.

Sarah said...

((((((((((Alanna))))))))
I am so sorry!
I admire your determination to keep at it.
I will be rooting for you.
I wish wish wish that it would have been a differnet score for you. You are a wonderful virtual friend and I am thinking of you!

Carla said...

So sorry that it didn't happen this time Alanna. I, too, admire your determination. Hoping tomorrow is a new and brighter day for you!!

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear your news, but I can tell by your post you are determined and you are going to make it happen! Keep on keeping on!
Hugs,
Lisa

Jeanne said...

Like the others, I am truly sorry that you have to experience this heartbreak and frustration. I do so admire your perseverance and determination to keep trying. It will make the victory that is sure to come oh so much sweeter!

Big hugs to you!!

Christina said...

Sorry about the test, that's a bummer but I love your attitude to keep going!!! I'm cheering you on over in my part of the world!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Alanna,
Hang in there - as the other have said, the victory will be SO sweet! You can do it, and following things through to the end will be a wonderful example that your family will remember. Our children learn so much more from what we do than from what we say. {{{Hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Alanna, I know what you are going through. My husband is an accountant and wanting to take the CPA exam. He has more hours to go I think before he can take it, but our prayers are with you and continued success is headed your way. Hugs Alanna...keep smiling, it makes them wonder what you've been up to :D

Iona

Anna said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know that has to be a hard exam. I hope the next time you pass it with flying colors.

Laurel said...

So sorry Alanna. (((hugs)))

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs