For you Friend

Tuesday, February 10, 2009



My second card is for two challenges. First, it's for the weekly CPS sketch challenge which can be seen here. Nicole from PaperTrey also issued a special challenge to make a card for your best friend.

I used some more of that Cloud 9 paper stack I have. The card base is 6x6 and I decided to round all corners. The sentiment is from CTMH's Say it in Style stamp set. The blue polka dot ribbon is from American Crafts while the cocoa ribbon is from CTMH. I love the look of the ribbons tied this way. For my heart, I cut it out on my cricut 5 or 6 times and glued them all together to give it some dimension.

I did get the seal of approval from my most harsh critic, that of my husband. He loved the colors in it and the design. He wasn't so fond of my card I posted earlier today. I guess you can't win them all. :)


4 comments :

Linda Beeson said...

What a good color scheme - love what you did with the CPS sketch.

Lea L. said...

Pretty card...love the color combo! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Lynn P. said...

Love the colors and the way you have the ribbon. Very pretty

Charity Hassel said...

lovely work! thanks for using the cps sketch!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs