Wishing you a day for Clearly Whimsy Stamps

Friday, April 24, 2015

I had so much fun with this card using the super popular smooshing technique. I used Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, and Squeezed Lemonade for my inks. I love that I was able to get such a vibrant green color when the blue and yellow inks mixed.  

My sentiment is from the fabulous Birthday Balloon stamp set from Clearly Whimsy Stamps. I used my Misti to stamp it 3 times to get a super crisp impression. Some enamel dots in matching colors finish off the card.

I hope you have a fabulous Friday and weekend. Thanks for stopping by!



LET'S GO SHOPPING


11 comments :

Inkyfingers said...

Great smooshing Alanna - I confess I haven't tried this yet, but I love your mix of colours. The sentiment really pops!
Hugs
Carol x

Jeanne said...

So very cool! I have to try this some time. The colors are fabulous. I agree the green does look great and I also see a bit of purple in there. Love the pop it adds to the sentiment. Great job!

Darnell said...

Wow, vibrant is the word, Alanna! This is fabulous!! And you picked the PERFECT sediment for the bold background!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Kay Miller said...

Wow! Such a striking and fabulous card Alanna! Love the smooshing!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous!

Jean said...

Wonderful colors for your smooshing!

Heather said...

This is so beautiful. Love all the colors. Some great ideas.

Betty Wright said...

I really should do this background technique. I always love the look! This is wonderful! Lovely card!

*Vicki* said...

So stunning Alanna!! LOVE the colorful background!!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is gorgeous hugs Pops x

Kim Heggins said...

This is fabulous smooshing...I love the beautiful vivid colors you used, simply fabulous!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs