Wishing you a day for Clearly Whimsy Stamps

Friday, April 24, 2015

I had so much fun with this card using the super popular smooshing technique. I used Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, and Squeezed Lemonade for my inks. I love that I was able to get such a vibrant green color when the blue and yellow inks mixed.  

My sentiment is from the fabulous Birthday Balloon stamp set from Clearly Whimsy Stamps. I used my Misti to stamp it 3 times to get a super crisp impression. Some enamel dots in matching colors finish off the card.

I hope you have a fabulous Friday and weekend. Thanks for stopping by!



LET'S GO SHOPPING


11 comments :

Inkyfingers said...

Great smooshing Alanna - I confess I haven't tried this yet, but I love your mix of colours. The sentiment really pops!
Hugs
Carol x

Jeanne said...

So very cool! I have to try this some time. The colors are fabulous. I agree the green does look great and I also see a bit of purple in there. Love the pop it adds to the sentiment. Great job!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Wow, vibrant is the word, Alanna! This is fabulous!! And you picked the PERFECT sediment for the bold background!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

KayM said...

Wow! Such a striking and fabulous card Alanna! Love the smooshing!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous!

Jean said...

Wonderful colors for your smooshing!

Heather G said...

This is so beautiful. Love all the colors. Some great ideas.

Betty Wright said...

I really should do this background technique. I always love the look! This is wonderful! Lovely card!

*Vicki* said...

So stunning Alanna!! LOVE the colorful background!!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is gorgeous hugs Pops x

Kim Heggins said...

This is fabulous smooshing...I love the beautiful vivid colors you used, simply fabulous!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs