Pages

▼

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Clearly Whimsy Stamps Day #1

Hi friends. Before we get down to business, I want to welcome Jeanne from A Kept Life as my newest follower. Jeanne works with several manufacturers and creates the most amazing cards. If you are not familiar with her work, run now to check out her blog.

Okay, back to the business at hand.  Welcome to the first sneak peek day of the Clearly Whimsy Stamps October 2014 release.


Over the next 3 days we will reveal the new October 2014 Clearly Whimsy Stamps products. We are releasing 7 new clear stamp sets and 5 dies/die sets this week, and they will be available to buy from the Whimsy Stamps store today and selected Whimsy Stamps retailers on Saturday.

This month we are thrilled to welcome Michelle Short and Lisa Henke as our Guest Designers. Welcome ladies! We are so happy that you are joining us for this release!

Today we are revealing the Penguin Fun 4x6” stamp set and Tremendous Triangles 4x6” stamp set, together with the coordinating Penguin Fun die set and the Tremendous Triangles die set. Hop on over to the Whimsy blog for more details.

   
   

I've used the super fun Tremendous Triangles and its coordinating dies for my first card. I cut out several of them and then stamped them in various shades of green ink for my forest. A snowy background, some gold twine and a sentiment from a new set that will be peeked later this week finishes off the card.


For my second card, I used the super cute Penguin Fun stamp set along with its matching dies. I made a shaker card and filled it with lots of "snow" which is some chunky glitter from Martha Stewart.

So I realized after I put my penguin inside my shaker that I forgot to give my penguin a bit of color. Oops!



PRIZE ALERT ... We have hidden a fabulous prize of a $15 GIFT CERTIFICATE at one of the stops on today’s hop! We will draw the lucky winner from the comments left on today’s design team posts (listed below), so be sure to visit everyone and leave a comment to be entered into the draw:
Amy Kolling 
Jen Carter 
Simonne Clay
Becky Carafa 
Heather Pulvirenti 
Lisa Henke (GDT) 
  Sylvia Blum 
Denise Lynn 
Alanna Moses 
Debbie Eastman
Thanks so much for stopping by and we hope to see you again tomorrow for Day 2 of our release sneak peeks!

42 comments:

  1. I really like what you did with the cards, Alanna. Using the triangles as trees is very clever. Love the snow falling, too. The shaker is so fun! The penguins look like fun images, too. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so adorable! The winter scene you created is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so pretty, Alanna, great background on the first one! the penguins are just too cute for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just wonderful Alanna! Those tree stamps and dies, might be calling my name! Great new products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that penguin shaker card...so cute! Love the tree triangles too...very smart to use them that way with the rolling snowy hills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards, Alanna! I love love your trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous cards!! I love the Christmas tree scene and your fun penguin shaker!! ADORABLE! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layering of the trees.
    Great forest.
    The second card is so pretty. Love the different colors and the shaker.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great creations! It is good to see that even the professionals make mistakes - your shaker card had good intentions though:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute! Your creativity is inspiring, nice work. Want this new set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the trees and scene you created!
    Both cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute cards, I really love the trees and snowy hills!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are great created.At the first one,I love the 3D look and the embossing piece,gorgeous. At the second card I love this cutie and the color you used,because it´s my fav,
    hugs die waldfee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous cards. The first card is stunning, so stylish and I LOVE the cute penguin and fabulous colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really fun designs Alanna, love the shaker design and fun holiday trees.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. great cards, both are gorgeous, love these new stamp sets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice cards! I really like how you created the trees among the snow covered hills.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards - love shaker cards and this one is no exception. Great blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really gorgeous designs. The different colored stamped images of the 'trees' really makes this first card really fun and gives sense of prospective. The penguin card is so cheerful and festive. Thanks for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two super cute cards that really show off the new products so well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute cards, Alanna! Love these penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG, the penguin is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea to emboss dots for snow. I need to think outside the box more....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards! Love the foresty scene you created in the first and what a fun shaker for the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet pair of cards...I love those new stamps and it looks like you had a lot of fun playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your trees are so pretty...and the little penguin is perfect just as he is!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the rows of trees and the cute penguin shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute idea! He'd look really cute with wobble eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Alanna your cards are wonderful!! I can't get over how darn cute that penguin is!! You've made me want to go shopping!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your tree scene!!! And that penguin card is adorable even sans coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE those tree-covered snowy hillsides!!!! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So in love with those penguins - great makes!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Too funny about your second card...sounds like something I and many, many card makers have done in the past!! I love the winter scene on your first card using the embossing & different colored trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cards. Loved both of these sets...love Whimsy stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really like your tree filled snowy hills. The penguin is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous cards! Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. love both the scene and the shaker card. just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your trees and rolling hills--such a cool look! And the penguin is cute too!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely cards. Penguin looks like ghost LOL :-D

    ReplyDelete