CFC169 -- Off the Edge

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Happy Friday friends. I'm so happy you are joining me today. Today kicks off the newest challenge at CAS-ual Fridays. This time, the challenge is "off the edge" - have an element hanging off of your card or project.

I decided to do some stenciling with some embossing paste for my background. I then die cut the Casual Trees dies with some vellum. I stamped the sentiment from the Casual Comfort stamp set.  I layered everything together and popped up my sentiment with some foam tape. 

I did trim my card panel down just a bit so that the card would still fit inside a regular A2 size envelope even with the vellum flower pieces hanging off the edge.




7 comments :

Jeanne said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card, Alanna. The design is elegant and timeless. The bit of vellum and the embossing add just the right amount of texture and interest. Wonderful work.

cm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cm said...

Let's try this again...
Your card had me at the edge of my chair, so taken in by the elements you've combined that, together, are stunning. Sophisticated and elegant, yet soft and delicate, as sympathy cards should be....
Hugs~carol

Ruth said...

A beautiful monochrome card, Alanna, and I love the extra element hanging off the edge - adds some extra interest and that can only be a good thing on cards! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....simply stunning. Beautiful sympathy card.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is such an elegant sympathy card, Alanna, love it!

Mary Kay Werry said...

Very pretty card. Love the white on white - elegant and perfect sympathy card.

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs