Clearly Whimsy Stamps February Release Day #1

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Welcome to Day 1 of the February release for Whimsy Stamps. I did want to let you know that all of the new products are available in the store now. I love how Denise doesn't make you wait. Click here to see all of the new clear and rubber stamps this month.

For my card today, I am using the super cute Purrfect Pals stamp set. These little kitties are so cute. I stamped my kitten on the left first and then masked it off and then stamped the other one. I cut a mask for the second kitty so I could do some ink smooshing and blending in the background and still keep them white.

I used Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio for my ink smooshing. This technique involves smooshing some ink onto a piece of acetate and then spritzing it with water. You then take the acetate directly to the card stock. I did dry my panel in-between colors.

Once everything was dry, I stamped the sentiment which I pieced together from several individual stamps from the Purrfect Pals set. I added a black scalloped card panel, adhered everything to my card base and then as a finishing touch, I added some of the It's a Party enamel dots (currently on sale)  available from Whimsy Stamps.

I hope you'll check out all the new release products here and then come back tomorrow for Day 2 of the release. Crafty hugs!




4 comments :

Jeanne said...

Ink smooshing leads to such fabulous results with the ink colors. This is so fun! Those images are adorable and the sentiment is sweet. Wonderful card, Alanna!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love green - and your background inks and enamel dots are simply amazing!!! LOVE this!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute Alanna...just love your sweet pair of critters!

cm said...

What delights me most about this card (aside from everything *grin*) is that you've opted not to colour your purr-fect friends. I adore this technique (is not colouring a technique? I've decided it is...), because it's one I can do! Your flashy smooshed background draws our eye, but still allows the kitties to shine on the stage! Yep...you've sparked all kinds of ideas! Again! Thank you...
Hugs~carol

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs