October Release for Clearly Whimsy Stamps Day 1

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hi friends -- welcome to Day 1 of the October release from Clearly Whimsy Stamps. Today, I am using the gorgeous Build a Poinsettia die and the greeting is from the new In my Backyard set. 

I first started by taking a white piece of card stock and running it through my Big Shot multiple times using two of the dies from the Hand Stitched Borders from a previous release. I love the detail and interest this gives the back panel.  

I then went ahead and die cut a few of the poinsettia pieces. I embossed just some of the tips and edges with gold embossing powder. I then heat embossed the sentiment with the same gold embossing powder onto some vellum.  I adhered the vellum to my card panel that has the stitching detail. I then added fun foam to the entire card panel to give some dimension. I then added my poinsettia die cuts and added some berries which were created using some Nuvo Drops.



Here's a close up of the products I used today from Whimsy Stamps.




Thanks so much for your visit. I'll be back tomorrow for Day 2.






2 comments :

Jeanne said...

This is beautiful, Alanna! What a great idea, to put embossing on the tips of the poinsettia. It looks fantastic. I also really like the wonky lines in the background. Such a wonderful, beautiful card you've created. Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Hugs. :)

Deborah said...

Alana this card is stunning! The top of gold on the pointsettia is just the right finishing touch to your card. Have a wonderful day tfs.

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs