I am So Blessed

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Welcome friends. Thanks to those who commented and emailed me regarding my 1500 post celebration. I've chosen a winner using random number generator in excel and that number was 7 -- Janet Rhode. Janet, I've emailed you. 

I had some time to play awhile back and this is the card I came up with. I started by heat embossing the gorgeous Beautiful Bouquet: Ranunculus set from WPlus9 on some Bristol smooth card stock. After it was embossed, I then added some various Distress Inks in blues over my embossing to give an ombre look.

I stamped my sentiment, die cut my panel with a stitched rectangle die and called the card good.  I'd like to take another stab at using this gorgeous floral image again with either some water color or Copics but it is quite daunting to me. I'm thinking I just need to have a play at it and even if my results aren't good, then I still tried. :)

I hope you each have a wonderful day.





5 comments :

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I love heat embossing - I just re-discovered it with gold embossing powder but I must confess that I like the effects you've gotten with white (clear?) here better! Nice work!!
Hugs!

Ruth said...

It's gorgeous - I love the effect of just the outline on the blue background. It's such a beautiful image. I definitely suggest trying watercolour with this. Just give it a go! Xx

Cheryl said...

Love that image in white with the multi-colored-background, it really stands out. So pretty!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card! Happy Sigh...your ink blending is so pretty! I really like it against the white heat embossed image. Very striking. And of course, that black helps it pop even more. Lovely sentiment, too. Congrats to Janet on the win. :) Hugs!

Kay Miller said...

Wow! That is just gorgeous Alanna! While I think it would be fun to color, I love it embossed with your beautifully blended background! Amazing work!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs