Hi

Friday, May 27, 2016

Hooray for Friday!  And for a 3 day weekend. Memorial Day is always my first holiday since New Years and that's a long and busy 5 months without a 3 day weekend of any kind. :)

I decided to do some ink blending on my card today. I just love these bright summery colors and the large, bold, black sentiment. I started by doing my ink blending and then I stamped the gorgeous Etched Flower background stamp from MFT using my Misti so I could make sure to get a great impression. I ran the panel through my Big Shot with the Wonky Stitches to give it just a bit of detail, although it's hard to see that in the photo. I then added the hi die cut from Winnie & Walter.

Thanks so much for visiting friends. I hope each of you has a wonderful day and weekend and if you are lucky enough to have a long weekend, then woohoo!




4 comments :

Jeanne said...

Ooooh...you have definitely earned a good, long 3 day weekend, Alanna! I hope you enjoy every second of it and maybe get some extra crafty time in there. I've heard it's supposed to be pretty nice weather wise, too. :) As for your card. So pretty! I really like your ink blended colors. Very summery and pretty. Those are colors I am definitely drawn to whatever the season, too. I like the background stamp, too. Great way to use it! That big bold sentiment pops for sure. I can't quite see the stitching, but I know it adds just the right amount of detail. Great job on this terrific looking card. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a bright and cheery card Alanna and your ink blending over that lovely stamp is gorgeous! Hope you are having a great weekend - it's a holiday weekend in the UK too!
Hugs
Carol x

Kay Miller said...

That is one of my favorite color schemes! Your blending is beautiful and the big Hi is perfection!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your giant HI! So sweet.

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs