A cheerful Hello

Friday, January 29, 2016

Hi friends. I hope you are having a great day. I've got a fun card today featuring -- you guessed it -- more ink blending.  As I often do, I blended my inks and then spritzed the panel with water and then took a paper towel after about 20 seconds to pull up some of the color -- the result is the fun water droplets.

I used a fun stamp set from PaperTrey Ink for the images and the sentiment comes from an Altenew stamp set. I love the way the black images and sentiment pop off the colorful panel.  Some messy thread and a few sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finish off today's card.

Thanks so much for visiting and for the comments you leave -- it is much appreciated.




3 comments :

Jeanne said...

A cheerful hello indeed! Very much so! I'm doing a bit more ink blending thanks to a certain someone. :) I just posted a couple of cards, one of which is a case of one of yours.:D The step I most often forget is the addition of the water drops. It looks so very cool on this card! I like colors you chose for the background and the images you stamped over top. The little hello with the string/thread behind it looks great. I like the texture the thread adds. Definitely a happy card Great job! Happy Friday! Happy hugs to you!

Ruth said...

You know how much I love your ink blending - I need to try it again really. The water spritzing really does make a difference. I love the stamps and that little Hello goes on my wish list. Looks a very versatile set indeed. xx

Darnell said...

This is a gorgeous card, Alanna! I am daydreaming about flying through that fabulous sky with those birds!! Gosh your blending is flawless and that background could be used a bazillion different ways!! Hugs, Darnell

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs