Just Because

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Welcome friends. For today's card, I started by heat embossing the large floral image and then blending one color of distress ink over it, trying to have a deeper color in the center. After I was done with my ink blending, I took a cloth and buffed off the embossed area to remove any extra ink.

I used the super fun Wonky Stitches die set from Avery Elle to add the stitching background to the card front. I just love the look it gives. I then added a thin black mat and stamped my sentiment.


LET'S GO SHOPPING


7 comments :

Jeanne said...

What a striking card, Alanna! The leaf/floral image looks so crisp against the background of color! I really like that wonky stitch border, too. The black mat really sets if off as well. Excellent!

KayM said...

Beautiful card Alanna! I love the blended background with the darker part around the leaves!

Heather G said...

This card is beautiful. You make the most gorgeous CAS cards. Loved the one you sent me. You always brighten my day--things are getting better, though not completely healed yet.

*Vicki* said...

This turned out absolutely stunning!! :)

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Beautiful Alanna! The leaf look really crisp against that sponged background and I love that you added the wonky stitches to your card. It adds a fun design to it.

Ruth said...

Beautifully simple. I love the colours you've chosen - those wonky stitches are fab!! Xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love this card! The white leaves look so neat against your sponged background! Very classy!
Hugs!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs