Praying for You

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I didn't need a sympathy card, thankfully, but thought I would make one to have on hand for when I do. I started by taking my patterned paper and die cutting it with the fabulous cross stitch die from Mama Elephant. I then die cut my floral leaf with some vellum. 

I added some sparkling clear sequins as embellishments and they also do double duty in helping the vellum piece attach just a bit as I was able to hide some adhesive underneath the sequins.


LET'S GO SHOPPING


Supplies not liked:  Patterned paper from my stash

9 comments :

Inkyfingers said...

Beautiful card that is somehow very restful on the eyes and perfect for a sympathy card Allana. That cross stitch die looks fabulous and I'll have to look for those now lol!
Hugs
Carol x

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Alanna. Very serene and comforting. Great use of the sequins to help hold the vellum. The sentiment is heartfelt. Thanks for sharing!

Kay Miller said...

Really beautiful card Alanna! I love the vellum leaves and the perforated sentiment tag!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love the soft sweet colors you used and so perfect for your sentiment.

Betty Wright said...

Lovely card, Alanna! Love the pierce sentiment tag and soft tonal colors!

Darnell said...

This was really a standout in my reader, Alanna! I love everything about it and how you've made it striking, yet gentle! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

A lovely combination!

Kara said...

beautiful! love that x stitched border on the die!

Deepti said...

This is so serene and soothing to the eyes :) beauty!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs