Christmas Card Challenges #11 -- Scallops

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The current challenge at Christmas Card Challenges is to incorporate scallops onto your card.  Remember, though, that the only real rule to play along is to make a holiday or Christmas card.

I started out my card by picking the patterned paper from Basic Grey's Aspen Frost collection. I did something I've never done before with my sewing machine. If you look close, I sewed around the card twice but doing it with messy lines. I've seen the look on other cards and I think I'll be doing this again.
***Supplies***

Thanks for your visit and have a lovely day!

2 comments :

Jeanne said...

Very nice, Alanna. At first I thought that background paper was stamped! It works great for the theme. I liked that you sewed twice. It adds a fun texture. Very well done!

Michelle Short said...

Beautiful card Alanna, I love the colours and the stitching x

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs