October's Guest Designer Contest for MFT

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I loved the sketch for this month's guest designer contest at My Favorite Things and am thrilled to have the oppportunity to play along.  We are going to give this card to Christopher's teacher with some fall scented Bath & Body Works soap for a little Halloween treat.
I started with a 5.5x5.5 size for my card base.  I used these colors of MFT's cardstock for my card:  Tangy Orange, Jellybean Green and Natural.  I loved the weight of this cardstock and the yummy colors.

I wanted to use Lisa's Primitive Pumpkins set and finally decided on some simple pumpkins and some of the fun stars in the set.  I love the sentiment, "a very special BOO to you".  That was cut out using the smaller banner from the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics.  When my card was all put together, I thought that it was still missing something.  Then it hit me -- the small Leafy Flourish Die-namics would look great with the pumpkins.
And a shot of the inside.  Seriously, is it just me or are the Fishtail Flags Stax Die-namics the best thing ever or what?  I probably use them on about half my cards.  I
***Supplies***

Thanks for your visit. I hope you've enjoyed today's card.  Bye friends!

1 comment :

Jeanne said...

Such a festive card and how sweet that you are giving Christopher's teacher a great surprise. I'm sure she will be so touched!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs