Unscripted sketches #58 and a wedding

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Saturday to you.  It's time for another sketch at Unscripted Sketches and this one's fantastic.  Make sure and check out the challenge blog to look at the sketch and to see what the other designers came up with.  There are also some changes over there so take a peek to see the new layout. 

My image came from the very lovely and talented Sparkle who so generously sent me some images. Thanks so much Sparkle, you truly are the best.

You can't really tell but I used the clear spica glitter pen to color in the wings.  What great pens those are.  I won a set of 12 from a challenge site several months ago and have just now started to play with them.  I love the sparkly look they give.  I also stamped the fa la la directly onto the ribbon a few times.

***Supplies***
Stamps:  RAK image

Other:  Cuttlebug, MS border punch, ribbon from my stash

In non-papercrafting news, last night was Greeley's Relay for Life.  I wasn't an official team member this year because of the wedding (see below) but did make it back in time to go hang with my team for a bit and walk a couple of laps.  Cancer is an ugly, ugly thing and I would love to see a cure for it in my lifetime.  Makes me sad to think that it was only a few months ago that I lost my sweet Uncle to the wretched disease.

So today is my friend's wedding.  You might recall several months ago I said I was making wedding invites.  I made 150 invites, something I don't ever want to do again soon. LOL  But she is a very good friend who I've known for 10 years.  She is "Aunt" Andrea to my kids and I consider myself to be "Aunt" Alanna to her baby girl, Irelynd.  I'm a bridesmaid, Reynna is a flower girl, and Christopher is the ring bearer.  Lots of stuff going on. 

We went to the rehearsal yesterday and the venue was so gorgeous -- Stonebrook in Thornton, Colorado.  I can't wait to see it all decked out with the flowers and everything else.  I've got to get up at 4:30 to make it to the salon at 5:15 to get my hair done.  Yikes.   Anyway, I'll be back later to report how it all went.  Hopefully smooth sailing.

If you've made it this far, thanks for sticking with me.  As always, best wishes to each of my readers.  Have a most blessed Saturday.

6 comments :

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Alanna,
I'm sure your day will be wonderful - and busy! I love this card - you did a fabulous job with the image - and I love the fa la la stamped right on the ribbon! Great work!
Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Excellent card, Alanna! That image is adorable and you colored her so well. Great job.

Sounds like you are super busy doing some important things. Have a wonderful time at the wedding. Thornton is the city next to ours, yet I've not heard of Stonebrook (which may not be saying a whole heck of a lot! LOL)

Laurel said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card! Have a great time at the wedding today!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! Have fun at the wedding and I hear ya on the invites. :) Can't wait to see the pics.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Loved you take on the sketch this week, Alanna! The textured background is a wonderful addition to your beautiful card!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs