Unscripted Sketches #57

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Saturday to you.  I'm especially happy that it's the start of a 3-day weekend for me.  Can you believe I haven't had a day off of work (except for the day I took off to study in February) in almost 5 months?  Such a long stretch without any holidays.  Anyway, enough of that and onto this week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches.

This card also fits the challenge at Cute Card Thursday for no patterned papers.
***Supplies***
Stamps:  Stampin' Bella

Other:  Cuttlebug, MS border punch, Prima flower

I don't think we have any big plans this weekend.  Possibly a BBQ on Monday but we'll see.  There is of course plenty of housework and laundry to be done.  I"m hoping to get some pictures printed so I can make a couple of layouts. 

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a terrific weekend.

9 comments :

Jeanne said...

What a terrific birthday card, Alanna! Your image is colored wonderfully and it feels so festive.

I can't believe you haven't had a day off in so long...you sure deserve the long weekend! I only wish you could skip the housework and just relax the entire time! Hope the weather holds out so it's beautiful all three days. *Ü*

Penny said...

Cute card. Very happy.

Enjoy your three day weekend. You deserve a break.

Unknown said...

I agree, this is a terrific card! I love your embossing! Have a great weekend...relax and enjoy!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

What a cute card! love the cupcake border punch.

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute card, Alanna! Love the border punch. Are you coloring with Copics these days? Whatever you're doing, it's awesome.

Considering the amount of time I've had off lately, it will probably be five months before I take an extra day. That's a long time! Ugh.

Enjoy your much-deserved long weekend!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Cute card Alanna! Gosh, I hope you enjoy your 3-day weekend - I know for a fact that I couldn't go 5 months without time off. No-one would want to be near me (can you say "grouchy old bear"?)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I hope you enjoy your day off!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! I love that cupcake border!

In that stretch of time the only day I took off was my birthday, but I hear ya on the holidays off.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card... love it!

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs