A pink and black birthday

Saturday, January 17, 2009



Today's card features something that I haven't done before. I paper pieced the girl's skirt. I kind of like it. After my card was finished though, I was thinking that maybe I should have done it in the same dp that I used for the base of the card. Oh well. The paper packet I used is Stylin from CTMH. I used it on another card a few weeks ago. Another hindsight thought is that I should have stamped the image in the hollyhock ink rather than the baby pink. It's not quite as light as it looks in the photograph but might have looked better with the darker ink. Oh well. I might make the same card again but do it using the two different elements that I mentioned above. If I do, I'll come back to show you and you can tell me which one you like better.

One last thought on my card. I know I've mentioned this before but I LOVE the color pink and pink and black together is so yummy for me. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

So we are taking our van in today to see if we can get it fixed. It's been having radiator problems and been making weird noises. I don't know if there's anything more that I hate spending money on than cars. Possibly the dentist but I'm not sure. To be honest, we've been very lucky with both our cars in that they haven't needed anything too major. We try to keep up on them and Devin can do a lot of the work on them but he's just not sure what the problem is with the van.

I hope you're having a great Saturday. If you get a chance, stop back by tomorrow where I'll be showing my Christmas cards for Sparkle's weekly challenge. Until then, good bye.

No comments :

Declarations

I work with the following companies and do receive product from them to use on this blog on occasion; however, all opinions are my own and I would never promote anything or any store that I don't believe in

Spellbinders, This Calls for Confetti, Topflight Stamps


I also participate in several affiliate programs. If you click on links to those stores and make a purchase, I receive a small commission that is used in the costs of running this blog. Thank you for your support
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs